TrueNorth Community Services' offices are closed Thursday, November 22, and Friday, November 23, in observance of Thanksgiving. Regular hours resume Monday, November 26.


Apps Available for CCP & Toys for Tots

Applications are available for TrueNorth Community Services' Children's Christmas Programs & Toys for Tots.

They can be picked up at Newaygo County schools, Newaygo County Community Mental Health offices and TrueNorth. Only children living or attending school in Newaygo County are eligible to take part.

The application deadline for Children's Christmas Programs & Toys for Tots is November 21.

If you would like to make a toy or gift donation, bring those to the TrueNorth offices at 6308 S. Warner Avenue in Fremont, or to any Children's Christmas Programs/Toys for Tots drop box at locations across Newaygo County in Croton Township, Fremont, Grant, Hesperia, Newaygo, and White Cloud. Toys and gifts are being accepted through December 3.

Financial donations are also vital because they allow us to purchase many necessary items. Your donations help us provide for more than 2,000 local children in need.


Get Heat and Energy Help with emPower

TrueNorth Community ServicesemPower heat and energy assistance program assists people struggling to afford their utility and deliverable fuels bills in Michigan, helping them to become self-sufficient.

emPower is working to provide help across Michigan for 2018-2019 in partnership with Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Michigan Agency for Energy.

These are the steps to discover success with emPower’s assistance through its Self-Sufficiency Services:

  1. Complete and be approved for Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ State Emergency Relief (SER) assistance. Apply through MI Bridges
  2. Choose TrueNorth Community Services as your referral partner
  3. Get contacted by emPower to start your self-sufficiency journey

For more details, visit our emPower information page ; visit emPower's website or call 231.355.5880.


Take part in Coats for Kids (& Adults)

TrueNorth Community Services’ Coats for Kids (& Adults) Distribution event was Saturday, November 10, with more than 550 people participating.

However, the coats distribution has been extended. Each individual (children and adults wanting to receive a coat) must be present in person and either attend school or reside in Newaygo County. Participating adults must bring a photo ID. Participants must come to the TrueNorth Service Center, 6308 S. Warner Avenue in Fremont.

The Coats for Kids (& Adults) Collection ended November 2. Coats for Kids (& Adults) is sponsored, in part, by Fremont Area Community Foundation and Gerber Foundation.

For more information or details on Coats for Kids (& Adults), contact Mike Voyt at (231) 924-0641, ext. 119, or


Discover All the Fun at Camp Newaygo

There are a range of community activities to enjoy at Camp Newaygo. Discover someplace special.

The upcoming events at Camp Newaygo include:

Santa and S'mores, 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, December 1. Visit with Santa Claus, get a photo of Santa and his reindeer, make a winter craft and a s'more by a toasty fire at Lang Lodge. The reindeer fly-in is at 5 p.m. Cost: $7 per person; $25 for family of four. For more information, call (231) 652-1184 or email

Gingerbread House Make and Take, 3 p.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, December 1. Create memories and a one-of-a-kind gingerbread house at Peggie Stone Center before Santa and S'mores begins. Cost: $40 per gingerbread house, with two people per house and includes admission to Santa and S'mores. Must register in advance. For more information, call (231) 652-1184 or email

Christmas & Cocktails, 7 p.m.-9:30 p.m. Friday, December 7. Get your girlfriends together for a night of fun and food prepared by Ridge Catering at Lang Lodge. Tickets: $22 per person through November 23; $28 per person November 24-December 7. Private overnight accommodations available. For more information, call (231) 652-1184 or email

Holiday Happy Hour, 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, December 14. Dinner, hors d'oeuvres and a dessert buffet, all prepared by Ridge Specialties, are part of this holiday celebration at Lang Lodge for all groups -- businesses, clubs, families and friends. A full cash bar with snacks opens at 4 p.m., with dining from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Cost: $24 per person. For more information, call (231) 652-1184 or email

Get Your Sparkle On!: New Year's Eve at Lang Lodge, 6:30 p.m. Monday, December 31-1 a.m. Tuesday, January 1. Ring in 2019 on Pickerel Lake at Camp Newaygo, with a plated dinner by Ridge Specialties with 6:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. servings, a champagne toast, midnight balloon drop, The Jetts performing from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. and a DJ from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. in a festive atmosphere. Tickets: $50 per person through November 30; $55 per person December 1 and after; and $275 for a table of six. For more information, call (231) 652-1184 or email

Camp Newaygo is located at 5333 South Centerline Road in Newaygo. For more information, visit; call (231) 652-1184; or email


Become an Ally with Circles Newaygo Co.

Circles Newaygo County strives to reduce poverty one family at a time, working with Circle Leaders (heads of families) to achieve self-sufficiency. 

Become someone who supports those efforts by becoming an Ally, volunteering to work alongside them on their journey forward.

Or support the Circle Leaders and Allies on one of our resource teams.

To volunteer with or to get more details on Circles Newaygo County, call (231) 924-0641, ext. 220, or email


Why TrueNorth? Because ...

When people ask: "Why should I support and/or volunteer for TrueNorth Community Services?" We say: "Because ..."