Children's Support Services

Our Children’s Support Services include the Children’s Christmas Programs & Toys for Tots, Coats For Kids (& Adults), Tools for School and Children's Car Seats programs. These programs focus on the specific needs of each child and help them grow with hope for the future. 

Children's Christmas Programs & Toys for Tots

Since 1952, our Children’s Christmas Programs (CCP) & Toys for Tots has provided Newaygo County low-income families with assistance during the holiday season. Families can choose from a variety of age-appropriate gifts, including; toys, books, puzzles, games, art supplies, hats, mittens/gloves, and socks. We operate the Toys for Tots program in conjunction with CCP, allowing us to enhance what is provided. Please note children living or attending school in Newaygo County are eligible. If you do not fall within those guidelines, we encourage you to call 2-1-1 or visit  to find out programs available in your area. 

Coats for Kids (& Adults)

Everyone deserves to be warm, especially in a cold Michigan winter. Our Coats for Kids (& Adults) program sponsors a community coat drive each fall with collection sites at schools, libraries, and churches throughout Newaygo County. The gently used and new winter outerwear is then distributed to Newaygo County residents in need.

Tools for School

Starting school in the fall with the supplies necessary to be successful at school is a goal of our Tools for School program. Through generous financial and gifts-in-kind donors, identified low-income Newaygo County students receive a new backpack filled with school supplies specific to their classroom needs.

Children's Car Seats

Having a safe and secure car seat is essential. With this in mind, we provide Children's Car Seats for infants and toddlers for low-income Newaygo County parents.

If you have any questions regarding any of our Children's Support Services, call TrueNorth at 231.924.0641 or

Please note that not all TrueNorth programs are available in each county we serve. To find out if a specific program is available in your county of residence, please visit our Research Search page to see what services are available to you. A link to Resource Search is provided on the right. If we do not provide a service you need, please call 2-1-1 or visit to locate services in your area.