We celebrated and honored our volunteers, donors, and supporters at TrueNorth Community Services' Community of Efforts Celebration 2019.
We recognized them for their efforts and dedication.
Our Community of Efforts Celebration 2019 was a festive event May 21 at Camp Newaygo, and included special ceremonies in Lang Lodge presenting our Community Awards and Program Awards.
Our Community Awards went to:
- Sandra and James Merkel with the Bessie Slautterback Award for Lifetime Service
- Eileen Chamberlin and Marcia Logie with the Gene Cotton Award for Creating a Brighter Future
- Kathe Scott with the Peggie Stone Award for Commitment to Youth
- ChoiceOne Bank with the Community Partner Award for Generosity
- Makayla Santos with the Youth in Action Award
Our Program Awards went to:
- John Oom from Camp Newaygo
- Steve Adsmond from Circles Newaygo County
- Jerry McGraw from Food Programs
- Skip Snider and Kim White from Special Projects
- James Patterson for the Spirit of TrueNorth
- Ross Long from TrueMentors
- Laurel Maat from Volunteer Services
The awards ceremonies were followed by dinner and desserts by Ridge Specialties Catering; music by the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra Jazz Ensemble and The B-Side Growlers; and a cash bar by Brew Works at The Commons of Fremont. The activities were in Lang Lodge, the Health & Leadership Lodge, and Peggie Stone Center.
The Community of Efforts Celebration 2019 was funded in part by the Michigan Council for the Arts and Cultural Affairs and the Michigan Humanities Council.