posted on November 08, 2019 16:46
NEWAYGO COUNTY, Michigan – The 68th annual Children’s Christmas Programs & Toys for Tots toy and gift drive is under way and runs through December 2, with distribution happening at the TrueNorth Service Center December 9–12.
Please drop off your donations of new, unwrapped gifts and toys at any Children’s Christmas Programs & Toys for Tots (CCP) drop boxes located throughout Newaygo County through Monday, December 2, because Christmas is a time for caring and sharing.
Drop boxes are located at the following locations:
- Croton Township – Croton Bay Trading Post and Croton Township Library
- Fremont – CBD Store, ChoiceOne Bank Fremont, Coldwell Banker Schmidt Realtors, Compass Credit Union, Daisy Brook Elementary School, Dollar General, Edward Jones – Lou Deleguardia, Freedom Chevrolet, Fremont Christian School, Fremont Middle School, Gerber Collision & Glass, Gerber Federal Credit Union, Green Acres Fremont, Karsten Financial Group – Raymond James, Pathfinder Elementary School, Sandy's Harley-Davidson, TrueNorth Community Services, Walgreens, and We Love Nutrition
- Grant – ChoiceOne Bank Grant, Grant Area District Library, Grant Elementary School, Grant Middle School, Grant Primary Center and Northern Physical Therapy
- Hesperia – Hesperia Middle School and Patricia St. Clair Elementary School
- Newaygo – The Brook Retirement Communities, ChoiceOne Bank Newaygo, Independent Bank, Family Farm & Home, Leppinks Food Center, Newaygo Area District Library, Newaygo High School, Newaygo Middle School, St. Bartholomew Church and The Stream
- White Cloud – White Cloud Elementary School and White Cloud Junior/Senior High School
Every year since 1952, CCP has helped ensure that children from low-income Newaygo County families experience a joyful Christmas morning. TrueNorth estimates it will serve more than 2,000 children from 1,000-plus families this year. Kids receive toys and games as well as essential items like socks, a hat, gloves, a book and art supplies through CCP.
Applications for CCP are available at Newaygo County schools and libraries, FiveCAP Newaygo County and the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services Newaygo County in White Cloud, the TrueNorth Service Center in Fremont and online at truenorthservices.org. Applications should be turned in to schools or TrueNorth by November 25.
CCP is not possible without much community support. TrueNorth has established relationships with vendors that allows CCP to stretch your dollars further. Those with financial resources available are encouraged to make a cash donation to help purchase age-appropriate gifts to fill in any gaps in donations received. Contact TrueNorth Community Liaison and Development Director, Mark Kraus for details on giving at email@example.com or (231) 924-0641, ext. 161.
Contact Mike Voyt, TrueNorth Volunteer and Special Projects Coordinator, at (231) 924-0641, ext. 119, or firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions about CCP.