posted on June 21, 2019 13:00
Applications are available for TrueNorth Community Services' Tools for School program at locations across Newaygo County, with a July 22 deadline to turn them in to TrueNorth.
Tools for School provides students from qualifying low-income families with new backpacks filled with essential school supplies.
“The program is for kindergarten through 12th grade students living in or attending school in Newaygo County for the 2019-2020 school year,” said Mike Voyt, Volunteer and Special Projects Coordinator for TrueNorth. “We expect to serve more than 1,000 Newaygo County students this year.”
The 16th annual Tools for School Expo is Tuesday, August 13, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the TrueNorth Service Center, 6308 South Warner Avenue in Fremont. The program’s sponsors are The Gerber Foundation and the Fremont Area Community Foundation.
Tools for School applications are available at local libraries:
- Croton Township Library, Newaygo
- Fremont Area District Library, Fremont
- Grant Area District Library, Grant
- Newaygo Area District Library, Newaygo
- White Cloud Community Library, White Cloud.
The applications are also available at:
- FiveCAP, Inc., White Cloud
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services' Newaygo County offices, White Cloud
- Newaygo Child Development Center Croton, Newaygo
- Newaygo County Community Mental Health, White Cloud
- TrueNorth, Fremont
The application is also on TrueNorth’s website at http://bit.ly/ToolsForSchool2019App.
The application was also distributed through Newaygo County schools: Big Jackson Public School, Paris; Fremont Public Schools, Fremont; Grant Public Schools, Grant; Hesperia Community Schools, Hesperia; Newaygo Public Schools, Newaygo; and White Cloud Public Schools, White Cloud.
For more information, contact Voyt at email@example.com or (231) 924-0641, ext. 119.