posted on May 24, 2019 12:00
Elementary and middle school students from Oceana and Muskegon counties shared their talents in the second annual Focus on Talent event, which featured Project FOCUS (For Our Children's Ultimate Success) out-of-school time program participants on Thursday, May 16, at Hart Middle School.
The performances were by 44 students from six schools in Hart, Muskegon, Muskegon Heights and Walkerville.
The participating schools and students included:
- Spitler Elementary School (Hart): Adrial Belmares, Dustin Gibson, Wyatt Johnson, Bronx Jones, Piper Mason, Zoily Sarabia and Kyrsten VanderZanden
- Hart Middle School (Hart): Adrian Belmares, Lluvia Burillo-Castro, Emma Jefferies and Oziraya Thrialkill
- Dr. Martin Luther King Academy (Muskegon Heights): Lataziah Allen, Ambria Bankhead-Todd, Samera Bankhead-Todd, Destiny Bradford, Amyiah Culp, Justice Flemming, Asia Fletcher, Reanna Martin, Camyia Parker, Niarra Piggue, Sanijah Shepard, , Presious Thomas, Ashlynn West, Aalayh Williams and Keijah Willis
- Three Oaks Public School Academy (Muskegon): Jazmine Billups, Amya Clay, Ne'ssaria Idris Davis, Jha'ree Fulgham, Jayla McGhee and Cora Williams
- Walkerville Elementary School (Walkerville): Alexia Arellano, Izy Ashbrook, Georgia Bolles, Kassidy Conkle, Emma Evans, Gretchen Quist, Grace Riggs, Heaven Rodriquez, Paige Sadenwater and Ayla White
- Walkerville Middle School (Walkerville): Lazarus Banwell and Taylor Nowak
Project FOCUS is a TrueNorth community service; and is funded by federal 21st Century Community Learning Centers grants through the Michigan Department of Education.