The Tools for School Expo is a back-to-school event designed to provide students from qualifying low-income families to enter school in the fall on a level playing field with essential school supplies.
The 16th annual Tools For School Expo is scheduled for August 13, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the TrueNorth Service Center in Fremont. In 2018, the program served more than 1,000 Newaygo County students.
The program is for kindergarten through 12th grade students living in Newaygo County or attending a Newaygo County school for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The students gain new backpacks filled with essential school supplies through Tools for School. Many also receive dental exams, vision screenings, and haircuts as well as access to programs and services from community organizations.
Applications for Tools for School are now available. The applications must be turned in to Newaygo County schools by June 3, 2019; or to TrueNorth Community Services by July 22, 2019.
Applications are available at Newaygo County schools:
- Big Jackson Public Schools, Paris
- Fremont Public Schools, Fremont
- Grant Public Schools, Grant
- Hesperia Community Schools, Hesperia
- Newaygo Public Schools, Newaygo
- White Cloud Public Schools, White Cloud
Tools for School applications are also available at:
- Croton Township Library, Newaygo
- FiveCAP, Inc., White Cloud
- Fremont Area District Library, Fremont
- Grant Area District Library, Grant
- Hesperia Community Library, Hesperia
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services' Newaygo County offices, White Cloud
- Newaygo Area District Library, Newaygo
- Newaygo Child Development Center Croton, Newaygo
- Newaygo County Community Mental Health, White Cloud
- TrueNorth Service Center, Fremont
- White Cloud Community Library, White Cloud
For more information or details on Tools for School, contact Mike Voyt at (231) 924-0641, ext. 119, or email@example.com.