The Tools for School Expo is a back-to-school event designed to provide students from qualifying low-income families to enter school in the fall on a level playing field with essential school supplies.
The 15th annual Tools For School Expo is August 7, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the TrueNorth Service Center, 6308 South Warner Avenue in Fremont. The program expects to serve more than 1,000 Newaygo County students.
The program is for kindergarten through 12th grade students living in Newaygo County or attending a Newaygo County school for the 2018-2019 school year.
In 2017, 1,266 Newaygo County students started off the 2017-2018 school year with new backpacks filled with school supplies through Tools for School. Many also received dental and eye exams, haircuts and new sneakers, the latter courtesy of Gazelle Sports.
Tools for School application forms have been distributed, and must be returned to Newaygo County schools by June 1, 2018. Applications are accepted at TrueNorth through July 24, 2018.
Applications are available at these Newaygo County schools:
- Fremont Public Schools, Fremont
- Grant Public Schools, Grant
- Hesperia Community Schools, Hesperia
- Newaygo Public Schools, Newaygo
- White Cloud Public Schools, White Cloud
Applications are also available at:
- FiveCAP, Inc., White Cloud
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services' Newaygo County offices, White Cloud
- Newaygo Child Development Center Croton, Newaygo
- Newaygo County Community Mental Health, White Cloud
- TrueNorth Community Services, Fremont
You can also download an application below, and return it to any Newaygo County school or TrueNorth by the application deadlines.
For more information or details on Tools for School, contact Phil Gabel at (231) 924-0641, ext. 119, or email@example.com.